A Star (Polisher) Is Born!

by Carol Hess on February 20, 2012

Bring on the balloons! Strike up the band! Set off the fireworks! It’s a celebration!

Star Polisher the business opens its doors today!

Overweight women rejoice! Star Polisher is your community, your place. It’s all about and for you.

It’s Your Place to Visit When –

• You want to stop letting a number on a scale tell you who you are and what you’re worth.
  • You’re sick and tired of hiding behind your weight, and you’re ready to step out there and be seen.
  • You want to stop settling for a second-best life and start creating a first-best life because you deserve no less.
  • You could use an encouraging word and a virtual hug when it gets really hard to be a fat person in a fat-hating society.

Life Purpose

It took me almost 3/4 of a lifetime to get here to this place called Star Polisher. Today has been a very long time coming. But now that I’m here, I can tell you it was worth every crying jag, every false start, every detour, every dead end, every struggle. Star Polisher is what I was put on the planet to do. It makes myself and my life make sense. I finally figured it out.

It also took me a lot of years to figure something else out. A lot of pounds lost and gained, a lot of therapy, a lot of books, a lot of coaching, a lot of soul-searching, a lot of seeking, and a lot of praying.  But it too was worth waiting for because it’s life-changing. It’s changing my life, and it will change yours.

What I Figured Out That Will Change Your Life

It isn’t about how much we weigh. It’s about how much we live. That bears repeating.  It isn’t about how much we weigh. It’s about how much we live. Until we get that – I mean really get that in our heart of hearts — we might lose the weight, but we won’t keep it off. We can’t change our outside, until we change our inside. We can’t stop filling the hole inside us with food until we start filling the hole inside us with life. That’s the truth about losing weight, but I suspect you already knew it, didn’t you?

The Truth of Who You Are

Here’s another truth. And I suspect you know this too, but you’ve forgotten it. You are a star. You were born a star. You were born to shine. Your true nature is to shine. And that’s the truth about who you are, whether you weigh five pounds or five hundred pounds.

So what are you going to do about the truth of who you are?

• Are you going to let your weight keep you dark and tarnished?
  • Are you going to keep putting your life on hold until you reach a magic number on the scale?
  • And what happens if you never reach that magic number?  Then what?

Or . . . .

• Is it your time to shine, right now today?
  • Are you going to polish your star?
  • Will you allow the world to see your light?

I know what my answer is. What’s yours?

(Click the link below to watch a very short but very cool video.)

A Little Polish for Your Star

Categories Community, Personal Empowerment, The Art of Star Polishing, The Mind Game, Weight Loss

avatar Nikki February 21, 2012 at 12:48 pm

Hooray! It looks great :) Congrats

avatar Carol Hess February 21, 2012 at 12:55 pm

Thank you so much, Nikki!

avatar Anne Melnyk February 21, 2012 at 3:00 pm

Carol, your new site looks AWESOME! Love the colours and great video.

Having just revamped my own site I know what a tremendous amount of work and labour of love it represents!

Thanks for sharing your gifts and passion with the world. You are shining!

avatar Carol Hess February 21, 2012 at 3:43 pm

And I love your new look, Anne. It’s so — well — juicy! :) Thanks for swinging by Star Polisher. I appreciate your support.

avatar Lisa Valuyskaya February 25, 2012 at 4:40 pm

You two complimenting each other on your new sites is probably the best compliment I could ask for. :)

I am honored to have been able to help both of you with your visions, and I love watching you take the vision even further with every new post.

avatar Carol Hess February 26, 2012 at 8:02 am

Yes, you could say Anne and I have a mutual admiration society going on, only it’s kind of a mutual admiration of Lisa society since it’s your efforts in combination with our visions that birthed our new websites. And a fine job you did! :)

avatar Lisa Valuyskaya February 27, 2012 at 10:14 am

Can I join the mutual admiration society? Or would that be too confusing? 😉

avatar Marlene Oulton February 21, 2012 at 3:01 pm

Great site Carol! This is so needed in today’s world where size 0 is considered healthy.

avatar Carol Hess February 21, 2012 at 3:46 pm

I’m so glad you like the site, Marlene. Yesterday I saw an ad on tv where the young woman was excited because she went from a size 8 after she gave birth to her baby to a size 0. Really? If she wants to get even thinner, does that mean she starts to disappear when she hits the negative sizes? It’s nuts.

avatar Shawn Driscoll February 21, 2012 at 5:08 pm

Carol
Congratulations! I’m so excited for you and the launch of Star Polisher. Beautiful, insightful, needed.

I know the work behind the scenes to get to this point and so I tip my hat to you!

Shawn

avatar Carol Hess February 21, 2012 at 10:38 pm

Thank you so much, Shawn. And I’ll take the hat tip from you on behalf of my entire team. In fact, there is still work going on behind the scenes to iron out the glitches. But it’s all very exciting!

avatar Christine Jones February 21, 2012 at 5:41 pm

Congrats Carol!!! I have been waiting for this! This is so needed! I just love reading your work, it always hits the target.
This is truly a labor of love. How great to have a leader like you, who cares so much and really gets it.
Love the Manifesto, so motivating! Makes me feel shiny to read it!

avatar Carol Hess February 21, 2012 at 10:39 pm

Christine, your words sent chills through me. Thank you so much.

avatar Janet Slack February 21, 2012 at 6:09 pm

What a powerful message! Congrats on the new site – this is going to make a lot of difference for women who need a champion to help them see the truth. That it isn’t about size, it’s about spunk. Yours is definately showing, Carol. Way to go!!

avatar Carol Hess February 21, 2012 at 10:40 pm

“…it isn’t about size, it’s about spunk.” I love that, Janet! I may have to steal it! :) Thanks for your support. I really appreciate it.

avatar Stephanie Rainbow Bell February 21, 2012 at 6:44 pm

Congrats Carol!

As a colleague in the field of championing self-esteem and confidence for women of EVERY size, I am thrilled that we will be able to reach even more women and help them recognize the power, purpose and beauty which is our divine right and destiny!

Rainbow Blessings!

avatar Carol Hess February 21, 2012 at 10:42 pm

Thank you, Stephanie. You are such an articulate purveyor of the message. And I appreciate your support and good wishes. Rainbow blessings back atcha! :)

avatar Paula Lee Bright February 22, 2012 at 6:00 am

And at last I make my way here! I LOVE the blog, and love the logo, and love your whole setup. It looks wonderful, and I can already tell that the reading will be good for me, AND helpful.

Great to see you in the blogosphere!

avatar Carol Hess February 22, 2012 at 7:13 am

Yay! We should throw you a party, Paula, now that you’re here. I’m glad you like the website, and I’m looking forward to hearing from you in the future, now that you know how to get here. :)

avatar Priscilla February 22, 2012 at 4:26 pm

Carol – this is fantastic! I love your writing, and your amazing way of bringing us through the journey. As an ex-WW leader (yes, I drank the 1-point kool-aid) and now an advid advocate for Conscious Eating / Conscious Living, I will be sure to tune in!

avatar Carol Hess February 23, 2012 at 4:05 am

And we will be delighted to hear your point of view, Priscilla, as an ex-WW leader and drinker of 1-point Kool Aid and most especially as a conscious eating/living advocate. Thank you for your kind words and for taking the time to stop by and share. Looking forward to “talking’ to you soon again. :)

avatar Lisa Valuyskaya February 25, 2012 at 4:35 pm

I waited to congratulate you on your launch, Carol, until I was sure that all behind-the-scenes tweaking was completed, the inevitable last-minute changes were done and last-minute glitches were dealt with, and you were in the mood to celebrate. (Which is what I hope you are doing right now!)
So CONGRATULATIONS! I know it took a lot of work, but I also know that it’s the kind of work that is incredibly fulfilling.

So the good news is, this is just the beginning!

I know I am looking forward to following your progress and meeting all the polished, bright, shiny stars that frequent this site.

avatar Carol Hess February 26, 2012 at 8:00 am

Thank you, Lisa. I appreciate your heartfelt words. Star Polisher now has a home, thanks in no small part to your efforts. And it is a wonderful place in which to serve my community of “polished, bright, shiny stars.” Loved how you said that!

avatar Carol Hess February 27, 2012 at 12:01 pm