Star Polishing At Its Finest

by Carol Hess on March 9, 2012

(This post is dedicated to the people who held up and keep holding up the mirror. You know who you are.)

I’ve been on Christine Kloser’s Transformational Author Retreat since Sunday evening, and it was been nothing short of life-changing.  Really.  There is something so incredibly special about spending time with people who see past all the usual crap (sorry, there just isn’t a better word) with which you label, and limit yourself and who recognize and reflect back to you that you really are a whole, wonderful, magnificent being.

And you know what the best part is?  When you spend that much time staring into mirror after mirror of your greatness, you start to believe you really are that brilliantly shining star they are showing you to be.  You start to settle into and make yourself comfortable in this new you that really isn’t new at all.  You just haven’t been able to see and feel her before.  Now you can.

Of course, if you’re like me, you spend the first night and day of such an intense experience counting the hours and minutes until you can leave this hell in which you find yourself.  It isn’t easy to look into the brilliance of your own light.   You haven’t learned to trust yet.

It takes courage to look into the eyes of another person and allow them to really see you in a way you haven’t even seen yourself.  I think it just might have been the bravest thing I’ve ever done.  It is the ultimate vulnerability.   The ultimate surrender.  The ultimate letting go and allowing yourself to fall, trusting you will be caught.  And you are.

Then, just as you are patting yourself on the back for having stepped up and for having allowed yourself to be seen, you start to see yourself.  Holy shit!  Is that really me?  Am I really that powerful?  That brilliant?  That special?

Yes, you are.

Categories Community, Dream Catching, Personal Empowerment, The Art of Star Polishing

avatar Daniel March 10, 2012 at 12:59 pm

I love this, Carol! You really are brilliant and magnificent, and I’m thankful that there’s a You in this world.

avatar Carol Hess March 11, 2012 at 3:25 pm

Daniel, I thought of you on this retreat. We weren’t that far away from you (near Baltimore), and you would have been such a welcome part of our group. Next time! :)

avatar Daniel March 13, 2012 at 4:24 pm

Ohhhhhh that’s right, I remember you mentioning that awhile back. Also in Baltimore a few weeks ago, was the Qigong conference I went to last year (Qi Revolution), but the timing just didn’t work out this time!

avatar Carol Hess March 13, 2012 at 10:09 pm

There will be another time (or place or both). :)

avatar Sandra Martini March 10, 2012 at 7:04 pm

Hi Carol,

Congratulations for lasting through the initial “hell” and seeing yourself for the wonderful, brilliant, amazing woman that we know you to be.

When looking at your reflection, the vision we see is nothing short of Divine.

Love you my friend,

Sandy :-)

avatar Carol Hess March 11, 2012 at 3:27 pm

Sandy, your words bring tears to my eyes. Thank you.

avatar Rebecca Kane March 13, 2012 at 4:10 pm

Yay for you now catching up with the rest of us, who already see you as a magnificent shining star that you are!

avatar Carol Hess March 13, 2012 at 10:07 pm

Aw, shucks, Rebecca. Thank you. Really. By the way, there was lots and lots of talk about the raw food way of life at the retreat, so of course I bragged on you and your book. :)

avatar Lisa MB March 13, 2012 at 4:20 pm

Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! (to quote my daughter :) )

Absolutely thrilled for you, Ms. Carol. Bask in the brilliance of who you really are. But be sure to wear sunscreen. :)

avatar Carol Hess March 13, 2012 at 10:09 pm

I can hear your daughter, Lisa! And thank you. Yes, Ma’am, I will indeed bask away. :)

avatar Judy March 13, 2012 at 11:09 pm

Magnificent blog post. I love it. I love you and am so thrilled that I get to look into the mirror and see the star polisher glowing back at me.
You are awesome Carol, thank you!

avatar Carol Hess March 14, 2012 at 7:03 am

I’m so glad you liked the post, Judy. I love you too and what I see when I look in the Judy mirror. You’re a pretty great catcher of buses too! :)

avatar Ann white March 13, 2012 at 11:57 pm

I hope you remember those truths as you reenter your home and routine. Remember your intuitive nature and your incredible talents and loving spirit. Call if you need the mirror held. You are splendid just the way you are. Believe it v

avatar Carol Hess March 14, 2012 at 7:05 am

Ah, yes. That’s the trick, Ann, isn’t it? Remembering the truth of what we’ve seen in the mirror, believing it, and acting on it. Thanks for swinging by Star Polisher. Don’t be a stranger! :)

avatar paula March 16, 2012 at 4:46 pm

whoa – this sounds like a game-changer, carol – can’t WAIT to hear all about it!! meow!! xx p

avatar Carol Hess March 17, 2012 at 6:26 am

That’s a great way to put it, Paula — it was indeed a game-changer of an experience. Great talking to you last night. :)

avatar Nadine Love March 19, 2012 at 2:01 am

Beautiful words and raw truth, dear Carol. So fabulous to have met you – keep looking in that mirrow and noticing your brilliance. Love, light and inspiration to you. Nadine

avatar Carol Hess March 19, 2012 at 7:06 am

Thank you, Nadine. It was wonderful meeting you and experiencing what you said so brilliantly — a whisper of the world to come. I hope you’ll swing by here often and share your wisdom with us.