The Leap into Power

by Carol Hess on November 12, 2012

This post is dedicated, with gratitude, to Theresa Reed and Margie Perrier.

I’m a writer and polisher of stars. It’s not just what I do. It’s who I am. It’s sacred work. I’ve known that from the get go, and I’ve treated my work accordingly.

Or have I?

The truth is I haven’t given my work (or myself for that matter) the respect it deserves. My thinking, my actions, and even my words don’t reflect what I know to be true.

The truth is my writing and coaching change lives. The truth is my work makes a difference in the world.  That’s what makes it so powerful.  It’s also what makes it sacred.

There! I’ve said it out loud for all the world to hear.

I can’t and won’t take it back.

Today I step into and own the power of my work like I never have before. I accept, embrace, and surrender to the truth that my writing and my star polishing have the potential to heal and inspire people.

I’m not sure yet what stepping into the power of my work or, for that matter, what stepping into the power of myself is going to look like. However, I promise to share every brave or faltering step with you because that’s what I’m supposed to do.  It’s part of my sacred work.

On this day of days when I know so little (in an exciting kind of way), here is one thing I do know for sure.  Sit up and pay attention because this is about you!

Your work is sacred too. I don’t care what you do, how you do it, where you do it, who you do it for, whether you get paid to do it.  I guarantee your work changes lives. I guarantee it makes a difference in the world.

So now that we both agree your work is sacred, I want to ask you four questions.

1.         Are you stepping into the power of your work?

2.         Do you honor, respect, and love the divine work you do in the world?

3.         Are you stepping into your personal power?

4.         Do you honor, respect, and love yourself as the divine masterpiece you are?

My answer to all four questions was, “Better than before and not quite where I want to be.”

If you aren’t quite where you want to be, we’ll get there.  I promise!

I’m going to lead you on a journey into your power – where it comes from, what it looks like, how to step into it, what to do with it, why you deny it, and how you live, love, and work with it.

I’m going to take you on the ultimate power trip!  A sacred one.

Be sure you’ve signed up for the mailing list

so you don’t miss any of the posts in the Star Polisher Power Series.

Categories Authentic Power, Personal Empowerment, The Art of Star Polishing, The Mind Game

avatar Nancy November 12, 2012 at 11:05 am

Very inspiring Blog Star Polisher Carol!

Your blog today comes at a perfect time for me. Over the past few weeks, I really feel like I’ve stepped into my power in a way that I never could have envisioned. It gives me energy, excitement and a sense of purpose like I’ve never felt before. But I really want to understand it better and learn more about it.

So, I’m very excited to take this journey with you to learn where this power I feel came from, be better able to articulate what it looks like, how I stepped into it, see if I am doing what I need to with it, how to avoid denying it, and how to embrace it so I can live, love, and work with it.

Thank you so much for sharing Carol!

Let the journey begin!

avatar Carol Hess November 12, 2012 at 5:06 pm

So glad to have you aboard the Power Train, Nancy! I think it will be an exciting ride that could change everything.

avatar Ellen Berg November 12, 2012 at 12:47 pm

There’s that decision point that changes everything, where you go from wading about to full immersion. Congratulations on entering the deep end!

avatar Carol Hess November 12, 2012 at 5:07 pm

I did find myself kind of holding my breath, Ellen, as I took the plunge with this blog post. It was a very similar energy to when I literally stepped over the invisible barrier of my fear to walk the fire.

avatar Shawn Driscoll November 12, 2012 at 5:44 pm

I loved this post and of course am so excited for you to step more fully in. I’m constantly challenging myself to do the same. It’s not always easy. It feels scary sometimes. And what I think to be true is that it’s a never ending journey. It’s not a one time action, is it? Each day we get to choose. Some days I choose small, safe, cozy, comfy actions. Other days I choose big, bold, shazam actions. And the rest of the days I do what I can, with what I have in that moment.

I love how transparent you are. And feel certain that this represents a new level of what’s next for you (and from you). Yay for us.

Shawn

avatar Carol Hess November 12, 2012 at 6:43 pm

Yes indeed, Shawn. Stepping into our power is one of those things that just keeps happening and happening and happening. And I like that you are reminding us that it is okay to take different sized actions on different days. It doesn’t always have to be about “big, bold, shazam actions.” Love how you phrased that! I’ll join you in a triple cheer for all us powerful women who step up even if we’re quaking in our high-heeled boots.

avatar Staci Boden November 12, 2012 at 6:28 pm

Thank you for this, Carol. There’s something to it, merging with the deep power of a sacred relationship without knowing what form it will take. For me, resting into that relationship without attachment to what it looks like in the world leaves room to be guided. And that, my friend, can be a beautiful and magical place to hang out, and really, to live into. I look forward to hearing more about your journey. Blessings, Staci

avatar Carol Hess November 12, 2012 at 6:45 pm

Thank you, Staci, for your blessings and wisdom. We can’t be guided to the divine magnificence that awaits us unless we create space for that guidance. I tend to forget that because the nothingness scares me — or is it the divine magnificence that scares me? Maybe both! 😉

avatar Staci Boden November 12, 2012 at 7:20 pm

I hear you about BOTH! And yes, we’ve taught to fear the unknown instead learning how to just be with it, not good or bad. In the being, I do find a deep listening and receptivity emerges so that we can welcome all sorts of new possibilities. That’s when living in the unknown can feel magical and wild but so alive. Enjoy.

avatar Carol Hess November 12, 2012 at 8:02 pm

Adopt neutrality and receptivity while we await our new possibilities. I love it, Staci! By the way, everybody, Staci has written an amazing book called Turning Deadends into Doorways. I haven’t finished it yet, but I already know it’s a keeper. Check it out!

avatar Mary Dirksen November 12, 2012 at 11:38 pm

You are such a motivator, Carol. Thanks for posting this. I really needed it RIGHT NOW!
Mary

avatar Carol Hess November 13, 2012 at 10:41 am

I’m so glad the timing for this post was right for you, Mary. Grab hold of that awesome power of yours that I’ve seen at work!

avatar Sarah | Holistic Hot Sauce November 13, 2012 at 3:47 am

Ahh, Carol. As usual you are right inside my head! Honoring, loving, respecting myself and my important work – well, that is big work in and of itself. So many of us are so ready, hovering here on the edge, about to plunge in and truly burst through. Big shifts are happening and you’ve got some serious star polishing ahead of you. Shine on sister!

avatar Carol Hess November 13, 2012 at 10:43 am

I promise to shine, if you promise to shine, Sister Sarah! :) Yes, it is big work — the work of a lifetime — which pretty much makes it worth doing I figure.

avatar Kimberly Burnham November 15, 2012 at 12:45 pm

Star power. Thanks for the reminder of the divine journey each of us is on. I love the picture of the little figure expressing out into the world.

avatar Carol Hess November 15, 2012 at 3:34 pm