The Time Has Come — Part 1

by Carol Hess on October 1, 2012

I’m sure you’ve heard by now the various suggestions that a very important time has come for our planet and our race.  Many believe an energetic transformational shift is taking place that will provide a tremendous opportunity for spiritual growth for all of us on here on Earth.

We’re being urged to get ready for this great opportunity by cleaning up our individual acts when it comes to our emotions and thoughts.  It’s suggested we focus on love and light and the positive so that we can add our expansive energy to the consciousness of the entire planet.

Of course I have no way of knowing if any of this is true or not.  I certainly hope it’s true.  I think we could all use a boost in consciousness and spiritual growth, don’t you?  Heaven knows our planet could use it.

But there is one thing I know.  This year, I’ve witnessed a lot of voluntary and not so voluntary letting go of the old.  Long-term relationships are faltering, patterns of thinking and behavior are rather abruptly not working any longer, and there seems to be a great deal of loss – whether it’s loss of jobs, homes, plans, dreams, loved ones.

It feels like a planet-wide breakdown is occurring – a breakdown of the old way of doing things.  Systems, institutions, governments associated with the old ways are disintegrating right before our eyes and not very peacefully.  It’s as if our common blackboard of experience and knowledge and ways of doing and being is being erased in great, wide, sweeping swaths.

I’m told breakdown is what is required before there can be breakthrough.  I certainly hope there’s breakthrough around the corner.  Because, otherwise, the breakdown that’s going on both individually and collectively is frightening.  Frankly, I’m scared, and I don’t scare all that easily.

Personally, I feel like I’ve spent the first nine months of 2012 walking down a hallway with closed doors on both sides.  I’m searching for the door that opens to reveal my room of truth and light, my path and purpose.  I sense it is very near.

I see a door start to open.  Light and energy are spilling out of it and into my dark corridor.  I eagerly run to the door and, just as I go to open it more widely, it shuts in my face.  Sometimes it shuts gently, but more often than not it slams shut with a vengeance.  The more I tug at the door, the more it resolutely remains shut.  I go back to walking up and down the hallway, looking for the next door that might start to open.

Other times, I feel like I’m standing in quicksand.  The more I struggle to break free and escape my immobility, the more I sink deeper into that which is holding me back.  Eventually I’m so mired in the quicksand that I can do nothing but stop struggling, go still, and just be.

After what seems like eons of stillness, I am led back to my corridor of locked doors.  There are no doors ajar with light spilling out of them.  The hallway is almost pitch black.  At the very end of it, I can just barely make out my empty, erased blackboard.

Something is appearing on it.  Letter by letter a word is being spelled out, ever so slowly.

S  U  R  R  E  N  D  E  R

Categories Carol's Musings, The Art of Star Polishing

avatar Ellen Berg October 1, 2012 at 9:23 am

I’ve actually written “Surrender” and “Allow” on my arm several times over the summer to remind me. I’ve also got two pink cat-shaped sticky notes on my desk with the messages, “Be surrender,” and “Be open” on them. We strive to MAKE things happen, but I’m starting to realize that the tighter I clench, the less like I see the opportunities around me because I’ve closed off the pathways.

avatar Carol Hess October 1, 2012 at 2:40 pm

We can’t remind ourselves often enough to surrender, can we, Ellen? The energy of hanging on is a rigid, closed, contracted energy. Nothing much can get through and into our hands when we’ve got them clenched. As you said, we’ve closed off the pathways for other opportunities.

avatar Lynn Hess October 2, 2012 at 7:08 pm

I wasn’t expecting that ending at all! But I think you’re right. I’ve certainly had a year full of the kinds of losses you’ve described — but I have only lived this one life (that I know of) so I don’t know if we’re living in atypical times or if this is just par for the course.

But I do know that “surrender” is good advice regardless. I don’t always know how (or want to!) but it always leads to good things. Always.

avatar Carol Hess October 3, 2012 at 12:16 am

I wasn’t expecting that ending either, Lynn. Surrender is the last thing I think of doing, and I always come to it kicking and screaming. But it lessens the suffering and creates the necessary space for the good stuff to come in.

avatar Maeve October 2, 2012 at 7:49 pm

Although the doors down this particular hallway seem closed at this time, you have opened doors for many, Carol. With your writing, and in who you are, I know there is tremendous support in the world for people who are stepping into their light. As you polish away for others, surely your light will illuminate the darkness from within! I love this piece, keep writing!!

avatar Carol Hess October 3, 2012 at 12:19 am

Dear Maeve, your message to me to keep writing is a welcome one right now. Writing is one door in my hallway that never closes, no matter what. It’s the one constant that remains when all else falls away.

avatar Sarah | Holistic Hot Sauce October 2, 2012 at 11:33 pm

Surrender, surrender, surrender.
Release, release, release.
These words keep coming back. I keep breathing through them. And then next thing I know I’m holding on tight to my attachment to a certain outcome. Ah…this surrender thing is hard work. Yet I believe at the other end is that door wide open, spilling light onto a vista of breathtaking beauty! I can sense you’re so close Carol. You are serving so many with your voice, your words and your polishing of our stars!

avatar Carol Hess October 3, 2012 at 12:22 am

You are so right, Sarah. This surrender thing is hard work for sure and has so many damned layers to it. It takes every ounce of courage we have and then some.

avatar Doreen Fulton October 4, 2012 at 11:57 pm

Very vivid, powerful and heart felt. I know that you will emerge stronger, wiser and more resilient with even more to share. Hang in there, Star Polisher. Something very wonderful is coming….I am sure of it.

avatar Carol Hess October 5, 2012 at 2:33 am

Thank you, Doreen. I needed that!